How do find the right Roofer in Sugar Land, Tx? When you’re searching for a roofing company, there’s several important things to look for. There’s a lot of options out there, some great, and some not so great. Take note that Texas is one of the few states that DO NOT require a Roofing Company to be licensed. When trying to hire a local trusted Roofer in Sugar Land, be sure to crosscheck these 5 items on this list:
- Check the Better Business Bureau for Complaints and Rating
- Check for online reviews and reputation
- Check Social Media Pages (Facebook and Instagram)
- Ask for references in the area
- Ask to see a copy of the Insurance policy and call the Insurance Agency or Broker to verify.
By checking all of these, you will have the done the due diligence for yourself to make sure you find an honest roofer. Most reputable companies will have no problem providing you full documentation and transparency. From a small Roof Repair or an entire Roof replacement, we recommend the same process.
Here’s also some things to watch out for when hiring a local Roofer:
- Never give a Roofing company money up front or a down payment. We’ve seen several instances where they took the money and the Homeowner never heard back, or the Roofer is “extremely hard to get a hold of”.
- If a Roofer tells you that they can get your Roof for Free, find another Roofer. They are basically telling you that they can get your Insurance company to pay for your roof and they will cover your deductible. Texas law states that the Homeowner must pay their Home Insurance deductible. If you decide to go this route, just keep in mind that this is technically Insurance Fraud.
- In the event of a Hurricane or Named Storm, Roofers literally come out of the “woodwork”. Demand for roof repairs and roof replacement escalates and finding a trusted roofing company can be difficult in that time. With that said, in Texas, you do not need a license to do Roofing. Make sure you use the list above to check the background first. Storm chasers will come from other states, and they may disappear. Other companies, not qualified to do roofing, will claim they can.
Reign Roofing is a local, experienced Roofer in Sugar Land, TX. We specialize in Roof Repair, Roof Replacement, and Insurance claims.