No roof over a house will last forever, although people often act as if their roofs will last as long as the homes do. The wear and tear of the elements, as well as disasters like hailstorms, hurricanes, and fallen trees, can put you in a situation where you have to decide whether the roof can be repaired or if it’s time to replace it.
We’ll take a look at the options to help you make the best choice for your home.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Roof Repair?
You’ll probably want to default to repairs because it’s the less expensive option, although it isn’t always the most cost-effective in the long-term. Here are some of the pros and cons of having your roof repaired.
- Less Expensive: If you have localized damage to your roof, it’s far less costly to have repairs done than to invest in a whole new roof. This will change depending on the age of the roof, however.
- Quicker: Although roofing replacement goes faster today than it once did, repairs are still faster. Our team can complete most roofing repairs in several hours.
- Preserves Appearance: Taking care of small, targeted repairs will leave your roof looking pretty much the way it did before. Your house won’t undergo any significant aesthetic change.
- Limited Scope: When you have extensive damage across most of the roof, repairs become much less appealing. The costs may increase to the point where it’s better to opt for a full roof replacement.
- Matching Materials: For older roofs or roofs made from unusual materials, it can be difficult to find matching replacement materials. This can result in an uneven appearance.
What are the Pros and Cons of Roof Replacement?
What about starting over completely? Here are the pros and cons of having professionals replace the entire roof.
- Total Solution: Putting in a new roof means you address all existing problems with the roof, including some you probably didn’t even know existed.
- Upgraded Materials: With a new roof, you’ll have the best in energy-efficient and durable materials.
- Warranty: Many roofing materials come with warranties so you can enjoy peace of mind about future repairs.
- Higher Cost: Replacing a roof can be a significant upfront investment in time, labor, and materials.
- Takes Longer: You’ll have to set aside more time for a roof replacement compared to a repair. Most roof replacements we perform take about a day to complete.
Emergency Roof Repair
You won’t always have time to go through a lengthy decision making process when it comes to whether to repair or replace a roof. You may need emergency roof repair in Richmond, TX to immediately prevent further damage to your home and possessions. Our team offers fast roof repair (and roof replacement) whenever you need it.
No matter what situation you’re in regarding your damaged roof, always consult with professionals before making a decision. Our roofing experts can offer you invaluable insights that will meet your specific needs. We’ll ensure that whatever job you need done will be completed to the highest standards of quality.
Rely on Reign Roofing for all your roof needs—from repairs to full replacements. Redefining the Roof Buying Process!